Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I recently heard the idea of creating a "Did Do" list rather than a "To-Do" List.
I was so excited at the prospect of revisiting all my accomplishments in the last 24 hours that I ran to my keyboard.
Enjoy! (And then make your own)
1. Ate breakfast and cleaned all the dishes up after
2. Swept the front porch and fed the birds while making sure that a toddler with a cape didn't "fly" into the street.
3. Made 3 grilled cheese sandwiches for hungry tummies (of which 20% were actually eaten)
4. Did more dishes
5. Nursed for 4 hours (not consecutively--though it felt like it)
6. Read 7 kid books
7. Helped aforementioned toddler "fly" 5 times
8. Folded the same blanket 8 times
9. Set up a crib
10.Moved boxes from one room to another until they eventually got to the hallway in front of the garage (on tomorrow's to-do list? put them in the garage)
11. Thought about returning towels to Wal-mart and giving friends back borrowed items
12. Walked to the park
13. And back
14. While carrying an infant
15. and pushing a stroller
16. Recreated the movie Mary Poppins in our kitchen with a stuffed Batman doll
17. Got a 2-year-old to say "please" , "thank you" and "May I"
18. Remembered to do the same myself (though not as consistently)
19. Thought about going for a jog
20. Washed my face and got dressed
21. Almost made the bed!
22. Put in pacifier 50+ times
23. Changed 7 dirty diapers
24. Checked the mail-TWICE!
25. Brushed my teeth (thought about flossing)
26. Prayed (while driving)
Oh, focusing on the positive. It's so rewarding!
Posted by Jenn at 3:17 PM