Monday, September 11, 2006

The emperor within



Just when I'm coasting through mommy-hood thinking to myself, "I'm getting pretty good at this parenting thing", life smacks me upside the head.
And what is it that could possibly be strong enough to zap the strength of super mom? The same thing that killed the aliens in War of the Worlds...you guessed it--I've got a cold.
Not just your run-of-the-mill sniff sniff kind of cold. We're talkin full-blown nose running, entire box of tissues in 24 hours,head propped up on a pillow, "I'm starting to look like Emperor Palpatine" kind of cold. Lucky for me my betty of a friend Gretchen did my make up for me (she works at Clinique and even wears a lab coat) so the scary face was a little better, but the sick breath is still lingering. The worst part is- Linc is totally oblivious to the whole thing. Now I know how my mom must've felt all those days that she wasn't feeling well and I demanded full attention--come to think of it--I don't ever remember her getting sick (must be some mom super power I have yet to reveal). Until then, I'll be trudging around my house with a kleenex stuffed up my nostril ( yes, I actually do that--foxy, I know) and a baby on my hip, trying to figure out how much longer I have to stay awake before bed.
I'm all drama folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That really sux. I hope that you start feeling better soon!