Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One side of guilt please!

There are 2 kinds of people, those who are comfortable walking around the locker room naked, and those who aren't.
I'm the latter.
Don't get me wrong--if you're okay blow drying your hair topless, more power to ya--not for me though.
Anyway you slice it the locker room has become my new favorite place. Why? Because I get a shower. Those small wet little cages with the cheap green tub of soap on the wall used to gross me out, I probably swore I'd never use one (too many cooties swimming around) but now, after I exercise someone watches the snug monkey while I indulge in 15 minutes of selfish wonderful shower time (sometimes I even put on makeup--gasp!)
Now, what no one ever tells you is that mommyhood comes with a side of guilt, at least for me it does. I feel awful leaving him in there with all the screaming toddlers while I'm curling my hair--but I do it anyways.
Hey, it makes me a better mom, and I wish I wasn't the kind of gal who needs a break from her little bundle of joy--but I do.
(If you're wondering why see below posting entitled "Professor Snuggle Monkey"- note: picture)
So, at 10:00 each morning, you know where to find me--in my shower cell trying not to step on the disgusting drain or touch anything unless totally necessary...and loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you should say to the booby women ... "Don't get 'em out!"

Anonymous said...

I think that you should say to the booby women ... "Don't get 'em out!"